For criminal defense lawyers, building a strong defense and protecting their clients from a harsh sentence is one goal. A lot goes into achieving this goal and it’s done with the help of witnesses and paralegal staff working round the clock.
A Greenville private investigator can do wonders to help a lawyer build a strong defense case for their client. Building a strong case involves gathering information from different sources and also finding witnesses and interviewing them.
Instead of hunting down evidence and witnesses, a lawyer should spend maximum time researching the legalities and working on strategies to improve their client’s prospects of winning the case. This is why it is recommended that the lawyer take help from trained and professional Greenville private investigators to track down witnesses and get interviews done.
What are the Advantages of Hiring a Private Investigator for a Criminal Defense Case?
Employing a private investigator has some advantages over attorney-led investigations:
- It is more cost and time-effective for the lawyer. They can spend time preparing witnesses, researching laws, and preparing arguments, etc while the private investigator can spend more time investigating witnesses and evidence at a much less cost.
- Conducting a factual investigation is a skill that takes years of practice. A private investigator who may be an old law enforcement professional has more experience in the field than a lawyer who may end up spending time on the wrong resources.
- Investigators are usually in the field longer than lawyers and have developed strong connections at the law enforcement agencies that the lawyer may need time and expense to develop
- Investigators also may have access to online databases as opposed to lawyers
- The need may arise for your lawyer to impeach the witness out of court. But according to law, your lawyer can’t serve as impeaching witness and trial consul at the same time.
Can Private Investigators Assist in Court?
The short answer is yes. Even if the witness cannot be located or refuses to come to court, a private investigator can still testify in court on the signed and recorded evidence. Such evidence includes:
- A report on the re-examined crime scene
- Photos and videos of the crime scene
- Surveillance camera footage from street
- Recorded interviews of key witnesses
What Kind of Cases Can Private Investigators Assist With?
Private investigators can assist with almost any kind of criminal defense case which includes:
- Human rights violation
- Child abuse
- Terrorist activities
- Sexual assault
A dedicated private investigator will always have their client’s best interests at heart. Ensuring that they leave no stone unturned in finding evidence and witnesses that would otherwise be left undiscovered and untouched. A talented investigator will have the skills and the expertise to waste the least amount of time possible and discover the most crucial evidence.
It is a given that with a private investigator added to the mix, your lawyer will be able to focus more on their job and the evidence in your favor will definitely be more robust and thoroughly gathered. The reports will be much comprehensive and have concrete facts that will support your innocence.
What Kind of Services Can You Expect From a Private Investigator?
A Greenville private investigator will help use their experience and equipment to carry out the following kinds of investigations:
- Searching and investigation for stolen and hidden assets
- Undercover investigations
- Carrying out in-depth background checks
- Looking into business fraud accusations
- Investigating infidelity claims
A private investigator can help in giving a robust analysis and insights to the legal team which will strengthen their argument even further and help them build a strong defense.
Hire the Best Greenville Private Investigation Firm
Upstate Private Investigators has been operating in the Greenville, SC area for over 25 years. We have vast experience in assisting criminal defense lawyers in the area with building strong cases for their clients.
Our team is made up of experienced criminal investigators that know the intricacies of these cases and the care that is required to investigate them. For us, the client’s defense is our first priority. We gauge the case and understand what needs to be done to prove the innocence of the defendant.
We ensure that we spend enough time in the field so your lawyer doesn’t have to and they can concentrate, instead, on building a strong case for your defense.
Got a case you think we can help with? Contact a Greenville private investigator now and let us handle the rest.