If you’re in the middle of a divorce, you are probably already frustrated with your soon-to-be ex-spouse. However, if you think they may be lying about their income, you may need private investigation services in Greenville. Our Greenville private eye helps people going through a divorce almost every day. Our services are beneficial in these situations because we are impartial and will seek out whatever information may be helpful to your and your divorce attorney.
When we first sit down with a new client, we always need to know a few things. First, what situation do you find yourself in that you need to hire a Greenville private eye? Second, what information are you expecting to find? Some people want to know the truth but still hope, deep down, that our team won’t find anything negative. That is our hope as well. However, we always say that when there’s smoke, there is usually fire. If you think your spouse is lying about what they do and what they’re being paid, we can find out the truth for you. Understanding that this could affect your children’s support as well as your alimony, we will do our best to help you reach the best possible outcome.
Our Greenville Private Eyes See This Sort of Thing More Than You May Think
Unfortunately, our Greenville private eyes are asked to investigate this issue more often than most people think. Sometimes, when a person is planning on filing for divorce, they keep it a secret from their spouse. They want to spend a few months shifting assets and transferring money out of their accounts in preparation for the divorce. They know that several things will be determined based on each spouse’s income.
Some of these things include:
- Alimony – If you are going to be entitled to alimony, your spouse’s income is critical to your case. Your attorney is going to demand alimony based on your spouse’s monthly or annual income. The basic rule of thumb is that you take the difference between the wife and husband’s income and divide it by three. Whatever that amount may be, it is to be divided into weeks. Whatever the final amount comes out to be, it will be the approximate amount you’ll receive in alimony. If your spouse lies and provides false documentation showing that they make half of what you know they really make, you have a problem. As much as you and your attorney want to scream, there’s nothing you can do without proof. Our private investigations services in Greenville can get you the proof you need.
- Child Support – The other important figure that is determined by income is child support. If you are the primary parent, your spouse will likely have to pay you child support. If they lie about how much they are making, they won’t have to pay as much. It is sad that anybody could do this when it comes to caring for your child. But it does happen.
- Attorney’s Fees – Only if there is a large discrepancy between the spouses’ income will the judge order one side to pay the other side’s attorney fees. However, if your spouse falsifies their income, it will make it very difficult to collect damages for attorney fees. In fact, depending on what your spouse claims they are making, you may have to pay their fees.
Our Team Knows What to Look for and Where to Find It
When it comes to any of the three things discussed above, our Greenville private eyes have the experience needed to sort things out for you. If you truly believe your spouse is lying about their income in the weeks or months leading up to your divorce, we will do whatever we can to prove that. Our investigators have decades of combined experience between them, and they are very skilled at tracking down this kind of information.
Some of the things our investigators will explore include the following:
- Tax records going back 3-5 years
- Any financial statements, bank records, and investment reports provided by your spouse
- Compare the information on your spouse’s “Case Information Sheet” and other forms to determine how it matches up with the documents they provided the court
- Look to see if there are figures that don’t match up between the information you have been provided, and the information our team uncovers
The goal, of course, is to complete our investigation without your spouse finding out. However, when it comes to these matters, it is sometimes a good idea for them to know. If they scramble to move money back to where it belongs or pretend to get a surprise promotion, that will only help your case.
Contact Our Office to Schedule Your Initial Appointment
Going through a divorce may be the hardest thing you ever do. The person you vowed to spend forever with now seems like your worst enemy. As much as you’d like to trust that they will do the right thing, you have your doubts. The best way to put those doubts to rest is to hire a Greenville private eye. Our team of investigators in Greenville have decades of combined experience handling cases just like yours. We have the tools and resources necessary to get the job done. We won’t leave a single stone unturned. We’ll do our best to find (or not find) the information you’re looking for.
We suggest that you call our office today so we can set up an appointment for you to come into the office. You can sit down with one of our Greenville private eyes and explain your situation. If we think we can help you, then our agent will offer to handle your case. If, however, we do not feel there is any way we can secure the answers you need, we will be upfront and honest. With so much at stake, it’s in your best interest to look into private investigation services in Greenville.