Nobody spends their wedding day thinking about what they’ll do if they learn their spouse is cheating on them. That’s because nobody enters into a marriage thinking it isn’t going to work out. After all, you’ve taken vows. The last thing you want to imagine is your spouse or partner cheating on you.
Sadly, we don’t live in an ideal world. Studies show that at least 15% of women and 25% of men have at least one extramarital affair in their lives. That means that there’s a good chance that your spouse may cheat on you at some point in your marriage. If that time ever comes, or you suspect your partner is cheating, you need help. You need a skilled private investigator in Greenville.
The last thing you want to do is try to become your own detective. It’s important that you hire a skilled private investigator who has experience in these matters. Our team has decades of combined experience investigating suspected adultery cases. We can help determine whether your wife or husband is indeed cheating on you. Or, we can confirm that your suspicions are unfounded. Either way, you’ll have the truth and can decide what to do moving forward.
Whether or Not Your Spouse Committed Adultery Will Affect Alimony
South Carolina is one of the few states that prohibit a spouse from receiving alimony if they cheat on their spouse. In Greenville, if your spouse has an extramarital affair, they’re not allowed to collect alimony if they cheat on you before one of the following two (2) things happening:
- Your marital settlement agreement is signed by both parties
- The judge approves your settlement agreement or signs order for separate maintenance
Essentially, if your spouse cheats on you before you file for divorce, they will more than likely be denied alimony. This can make a huge difference when it comes to your property settlement. There aren’t a lot of situations in which a spouse is denied alimony. If your wife or husband was cheating on you, then you shouldn’t have to pay alimony. Our Greenville private investigators can help prove if this did happen.
How Will Your Greenville Private Investigator Conduct Their Surveillance?
A lot of people think they know how a private investigator works because they’ve seen it happen in movies. While some of the tactics used in these films are used in real life, a lot of what we do is plain old hard work. Our team will review surveillance videos and recordings to see if your spouse was cheating. And we do trail your spouse if need be to see where they go and who they spend their time with. But there a lot of other things we can do to determine if they’re being unfaithful:
- Review social media platforms to see if there is damning evidence – Some people think that the things they post online are semi-private. For the most part, this isn’t true. Skilled private investigators in Greenville know the tricks to track down information on social media. Although you may not like what we find, we’ll do our best to get to the truth.
- Work with third parties – There are times we have to rely on our network of sources to solve your case. We have relationships with professionals all over South Carolina who can help collaborate on our investigations. They can provide our experts with supplementary information and surveillance details.
- Detective Work – Sometimes, our cases are made up mostly of old-fashioned detective work. We can analyze credit card receipts and hotel registries. We can look at the physical evidence to help determine if something is amiss. Our team is trained to detect what normal people don’t notice.
This is why it’s in your best interest to talk to one of our private investigators if you suspect your spouse is cheating.
What Can a Private Investigator Do That You Can’t Do?
A lot of people wait too long to hire a private investigator in South Carolina. They assume that anything a detective can do, they can do themselves. This is rarely the case. Not only do we have training and resources that the average person doesn’t have. We also are strangers. Your spouse won’t even realize that we’re conducting our investigation. It’ll be pretty difficult, if not impossible, for you to do this without being caught.
So, if you think your spouse is having an affair, call our firm in Greenville today and set your initial meeting.